As you begin the Methods in Medicine Module (MIMM) for Information Management, we strongly recommend that you take a moment to read through this roadmap. The roadmap and the tutorials are all provided in an effort to enhance and expedite your facility and comfort levels in completing the Information Management MIMM.
- It's highly recommended that you read the Introduction to the MIMM and view the MIMM Tutorial, as they describe the rationale for the MIMM and the tasks you will undertake in completing the MIMM.
- You are ready to begin your MIMM.
- Click on 'Current Task' in the left panel Current Task to begin.
- Click on the 'Continue' button to progress to the scenario selection screen. Here you will find a drop-down menu that includes 10 possible clinical scenarios. You may view all of them, but you need to select at least five. For example, clicking on "Adult female with leg swelling" will take you to the clinical vignette for this scenario. If you would like to proceed with this scenario, click on the 'Select' button.
- You will now see a list of question types for this scenario. You must compose a question for each of the types listed and enter in the text box below the questions. Click on the 'Submit' button to submit your question. You will receive feedback regarding the structure of your questions.
- Repeat this process for each of the question types listed for the scenario. When you have composed all the questions, you will have the option to review your work or continue. To complete this portion of the MIMM, click on 'Continue' to select and complete four more scenarios.
- You will now enter the second phase of your MIMM. Click 'Continue' when you are ready to begin the improvement phase. You will be prompted to choose 2 question types in which to do an improvement activity, and you will need to select 2 online resources for each category. The selection list includes the 6 most commonly encountered clinical question categories. Use the check boxes to select 2, and click 'Continue.'
- Select at least 4 of the online resources and click 'Continue' to gain access to the actual sites. Study the materials in each site at your leisure, but note that you will need to access all of your selected resources to progress to the final phase of the MIMM.
- Once you have accessed all of your selected resources, the system will prompt you to continue to the final phase of the MIMM. In this phase, you will repeat the question composition process you performed in the first phase.
- Having successfully completed all of the phases of MIMM, you will be given the opportunity to evaluate the experience and receive CME credit. The ABFM will automatically release your CME information to the AAFP.